Packages and post are all officially in the mail and with a little holiday luck, these things may actually all arrive before Christmas Day! Oh hey, and we got some snow too!
This evening I made clementine wreaths to hang on my neighbors doors. You know, spread a little extra holiday cheer… This time of year I’m always feeling extra giddy about all the little packages and cards that are beautifully tied up with string, sprinkled with glitter, and thoughtfully picked for the receiver.
To make a DIY clementine wreath you will need the following items…
7 or 8 nice looking (smaller) clementines
a roll of clear cellophane wrap, cut 10 – 12 inch wide length-wise.
Tape, any type will do you
cinnamon sticks if you are fancy…. (not included in mine this time)
1. Lay down a piece of clear cellophane on a smooth surface.
2. Line up your seven or eight small clementines onto the 10-12 inch side of the cellophane, about two to three inches from the edge.
3. Space out your clementines, about a pinky finger-width apart, leaving a bit of the cellophane at the beginning and end of the clementine row.
4. Now Tightly roll up the row of clementines.
5. Where you left the ends longer, crises-cross them over one another once and tie it with ribbon. It should now resemble a circular wreath at this point.
6. Cut seven or 8 pieces of twine or ribbon, each about 10-12 inches long, and start to tie one between each of the clementines (I used a candy cane striped red and white twine for mine).
7. Adjust as needed and you are finished!
Wasn’t that simple?!
Now go deck some halls and spread that holiday cheer!